It’s an unfortunate reality that trauma and death can be sudden and violent. When the unthinkable happens, many apartment managers are shocked to find out that it is their responsibility to clean up the aftermath of a death or trauma. The police and other law enforcement officials do not have the ability to perform this sort of specialized service. Fortunately, there are professional companies who specialize in bioremediation work and are able to handle traumatic events such as homicides, suicides, and unattended deaths safely and compassionately.
After the police have finished processing a crime or accident scene, the cleaning and restoration process can begin. Their first focus is always safety, since crime or accident scenes may involve bloodborne pathogens, harmful chemicals, and other dangers.
Common Crime Scene and Trauma Cleaning Services include:
● Clean fingerprint powder and evidence-gathering chemicals
● Clean tear gas, pepper spray, and fire extinguisher residues
● Removal any furniture, flooring or wall coverings that may have been contaminated
● Scour and disinfect the crime and death cleaning area with commercial grade cleaning solutions destroying all viruses and diseases
● Removal of all stains using special cleaning tools
● Apply commercial grade decontaminants to stop the spread of infection from blood, bodily fluids, and tissue remnants
● Apply deodorizers to remove foul odors
● Safely dispose and transport all biohazards in compliance with federal and state law
● Provide insurance assistance in the event a claim can be made
Many times, crime and accident scenes have biohazard contaminants that pose a serious health risk. It is possible to come into contact with invisible and often unknown bloodborne pathogens like hepatitis B and C at the scene of a trauma, and not everyone has the required tools to complete the job thoroughly and safely. A professional company will respond immediately and have the specialized training, protective equipment, and experience to safely clean trauma and crime scenes.
Trained professionals have completed bloodborne pathogen, hazard communication, and medical waste handling/transporting training. Additionally, they work in compliance with all state and local regulations.
Most importantly, the injury or loss of a loved is often overwhelming for family and community members. Trained professionals will always treat the property and the people involved with the greatest empathy and respect in the face of trying circumstances. Following an unthinkable tragedy, apartment owners should contact a professional company to help transform an unsafe environment with the utmost compassion.